This year, something special is going on at Vision Expo West.
NewGradOptometry.com and partner, CovalentCareers.com will have a dedicated booth and presence at Vision Expo West and we will be filming over 40 LIVE interviews with the top thought leaders in optometry. If you want to take your professional career to the next level and ask questions to the interviewees, stopping by our booth is a MUST!
Here’s where you can find us (Booth LP12115):
We’ll be right in front of the Food Court not too far from the VSP Lounge.
Here is what we will be doing at Vision Expo West:
- We’ll be interviewing some of the most influential people in our profession, as well as hosting panel discussions.
- We’ve never produced or hosted panel discussions, and we are extremely excited for this.
- Panel discussions will be 30 min to 1 hour long talks on larger topics, and we plan on hosting one-panel talk per day.
- All interviews and panel discussion will be video recorded live
- Everyone is encouraged to watch and ask any questions during the interview.
- This will be a great opportunity to learn from and connect with key opinion leaders within our profession!
Here is a list of our show schedule so you can incorporate it into your plans!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th
11:30 am – Kristin O’Brien, OD VisionSource of GVR
- How to start a practice and career from scratch and succeed at both
- Guidelines for success while in school
1:00 pm – Sloan Rajadhyksha OD Candidate, UC Berkeley School of Optometry 2017
- Everything you wanted to know about the SOLN Group
- Navigating the challenges facing optometry students today
3:00 pm – Opening Your Optometry Practice Cold: The Steps To Make it Happen
- Eric Baas OD
- Bob Steinmetz OD
- Matt Geller OD (moderator)
4:00 pm – Eric Baas, OD and Robert Steinmetz, OD | Principal and Co-Founder of iCare Advisors, LLC
- Opening Cold: How to do it, why to do it, and what to expect when you do
5:00 pm – David Kading, OD, FAAO | Specialty Eye Group
- Surprise Topic
5:30 pm – John Rumpakis, OD, MBA | President and CEO, Practice Resource Management, Inc.
- Surprise Topic
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th
10:00am – Aaron Lech, OD, FAAO | ClearVue Eye Care
- Navigating the role of vision plans in your practice
- How changing technology impacts how we deliver care
- Staying independent during consolidation: Can it be done?
10:30 am – William To, OD, ABOC
- Modern Optometry: what it is and how to be a part of the excitement
- How to find and keep your passion
- How to develop and grow the next generation of ODs
11:00 am – Patricia Fulmer, OD, FAAO | Associate Director of Eyecare, CovalentCareers.com | Center Director, VisionAmerica of Huntsville
- The importance of building a co-management network and how to make it happen
- Overcoming the challenges of staff management as a new grad
- Involvement in optometry beyond your practice: Does it matter?
1:15 pm – Katie Dugan, OD | Temecula Creek Optometry
- How to build and run a successful practice
- Branding yourself
- Making VT work for you and your patients
1:45 pm – Harbir Sian, BSc, OD | Highstreet Eyecare Center
- How to utilize social media as a professional
- The challenges and rewards of subleasing and owning a new practice
- How to be a great educator
- Avoiding burnout – how to keep optometry fun
3:00 pm – The Basics of Finance, Legal, and Tax After Optometry School
- Matt Geller OD (moderator)
- Danny Goodrich Esq.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
9:30 am – Matthew Geller, OD | President, NewGradOptometry.com | Co-Founder and CEO, CovalentCareers.com
- How to stand out in optometry school
- Three marketing strategies to bring new patients into your practice
- Using Instagram to build optometry practice revenue
10:00 am – Brett Kestenbaum, DPT | Co-Founder and COO, CovalentCareers.com
- Costs of turnover on a practice
- Tips for a successful interview
- How to navigate negotiating your salary
- How to build your professional value through social media and networking
10:30 am – Daniel E. Goodrich, Esq. | VP of Strategic Initiatives, CovalentCareers.com
- Top 5 tips for newcomers to eyecare
- How to recruit new staff and doctors at Vision Expo West
- Networking debunked: the dreaded art of asking for and giving help
11:00 am – Alan Glazier, OD | Founder, ODs on Facebook | Founder, Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care
- Branding yourself and your practice for success
- Exploring the different avenues of branding and how you can utilize them all
11:30 am – Gordon Bethwaite | VP of Sales and Marketing, GUARDiON Health Services, Inc
- Surprise Topic
1:00 pm – Everything You Need to Know About Jobs, Resumes, and Salary Negotiations After Optometry School
- Matt Geller OD (Moderator)
- Patricia Fulmer OD, FAAO
- Brett Kestenbaum DPT
By now, you have probably decided whether or not you will be attending Vision Expo West in Las Vegas.
If you haven’t yet, there is still time!
There are many reasons to attend Vision Expo West including networking, continuing education, professional development, and well, it doesn’t hurt that the event is hosted in Las Vegas!
2016 Show Dates & Hours
Education Dates & Hours:
|Wednesday, September 14, 2016||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Thursday, September 15, 2016||7:15 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday, September 16, 2016||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday, September 17, 2016||7:30 AM – 5: 00 PM|
Exhibition Dates & Hours:
|Thursday, September 15, 2016||9:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday, September 16, 2016||9:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday, September 17, 2016||9:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
A large part of your planning is going to depend on what you hope to achieve at Vision Expo West, but typically, Expo is a place to get things done.
The Young Professionals Club is the perfect way to network, meet colleagues, attend events, and get up to 6 FREE Continuing Education Credits. It’s 100% FREE!
This year’s YPC Events include:
- YPC Lunch | Friday, September 16 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm at Vision Expo West
Grand Lux Café at the Palazzo Hotel
- YPC Evening Party | Friday, September 16 | 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Beer Park at Paris Las Vegas
These events are not only a ton of fun but a great way to meet your colleagues and form new connections!
But wait, there’s more!
Vision Expo West will be a great opportunity for new graduates looking for that first job, or any OD looking for new opportunities to demo and learn more about CovalentCareers.com.
This means Vision Expo West could be the PERFECT opportunity to meet and connect with potential employers! Make sure you come prepared to make a great first impression because your future employer might meet you at the booth!