The 2017 NewGradOptometry Scholarship is a $500 scholarship to be awarded to a 4th-year optometry student at any of the Colleges or Schools of Optometry in the United States and Canada.
2017 Scholarship Application Requirements:
- The student must be a Class of 2017 optometry student in good standing.
- All students are required to have a membership with AOSA.
- Must be a member of NewGradOptometry.
- Applications must be submitted through the form on this page.
- Deadline for submission is March 30th, 2017.
2017 Scholarship Awards:
- All content will be judged by the NewGradOptometry executive team
- 1st place receives a $500 cash prize and is published and featured on NewGradOptometry Homepage
- 2nd place receives a $250 cash prize and is published and featured on NewGradOptometry Homepage
- 3rd place receives a $250 cash prize and is published and featured on NewGradOptometry Homepage
- All participants are published on NewGradOptometry and social media accounts
How To Get Started:
Students will be required to submit an article one of the following four (4) topics:
- How will you combine your clinical and academic knowledge with your understanding of social media to advance your career and the profession? Do you believe that social media can be integrated into healthcare?
- What are the biggest challenges facing new graduate optometrists today, and how do you plan on combating them after graduation?
- What are the top 3 things you wished you learned more of in optometry school, and how will you acquire that information after graduation?
- You will possess all the clinical acumen to succeed after graduating and will grow in confidence when you begin to gain experience. What do you foresee will be your biggest obstacle after graduating that may or may not be related to patient care? What will you do to combat it?
- The article should be at least 800 words in length, but should not exceed more than 1,500 words.
- Articles have no creative limits. You can include video, pictures, social media, quizzes, infographics, or anything that fuels your creativity!
- The winner will be announced on May 15th, 2017.