If you’re a new graduate, you don’t want to miss Vision Expo West 2017. It’s jam packed with free education, new products and amazing networking events!
This year’s event features the most innovative medical and digital advances in eye care, including an extensive showcase of designer eyewear fashions and the first-time series of free Google Talks from Google leaders themselves on how to best use the latest digital marketing tools available in the eye care industry.
Expo East 2017 was awesome, but Expo West 2017 is the perfect environment to network with optometry mentors, peers, and potential employers while learning about ever-evolving eye care trends and gaining insights from optometry experts.
New graduates get free exhibit hall registration and 6 free hours of CE thanks to the Young Professionals Club. Join by September 1, 2017 to receive your benefits for Vision Expo West 2017.
Plus, if you’re a student, don’t miss out on free registration and unlimited free education. Learn more.
Not a student or member of YPC? Use my link – http://www.VisionExpoVegas.com/Matt to get free exhibit hall registration.
Speaking of free, here is other free optometry continuing education at Vision Expo West 2017!
- FREE Keynote Breakfast Session
- FREE Vision Series
- FREE Global Contact Lens Forum
- FREE Ocular Surface Disease and Wellness Symposium
The core hours for Vision Expo West 2017 in Las Vegas
Education Dates & Hours:
|Wednesday, September 13||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Thursday, September 14||7:15 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday, September 15||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday, September 16||7:30 AM – 5: 00 PM|
Exhibition Dates & Hours:
|Thursday, September 14||9:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday, September 15||9:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday, September 16||9:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
You can always check out these travel guides for ideas on what to see or do in Las Vegas during your stay.
Professional Networking Events:
I’ve spoken quite a lot about why Vision Expo is the best place to network as an optometrist but I truly mean it! While you’re at the show you’ve got to hand out business cards, approach individuals in small groups and be willing to provide value and lend a helping hand to those you meet. Here are some of the specific events you’ll want to attend when it comes to networking!
- Listen to Pop Up Talks with media experts on the latest in eyewear fashion and dispensary trends.
- Explore the New Designer Gallery to see eyewear from emerging designers..
- Take advantage of a series of free 20-minute Google Talks where you can learn from Google experts about how to remain competitive in the web-based world, attract new patients and customers with a strong online presence, and employ search engine marketing techniques needed to compete on every channel available in the digital space.
- Young Professionals Happy Hour at LAVO on Friday, September 15th from 4:30 PM- 6:00 PM – Enjoy free drinks, network with Transitions Optical Change Agents and get to know fellow young professionals and emerging optical leaders. *Sponsored by Transitions® and Hoya
- ODs on Facebook at TAO on Friday, September 15th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The full Vision Expo West 2017 Event Schedule and details of this year’s Education Sessions will be available closer to the event.
Young Professionals Club
To save over $800 a year with free exhibit hall registration, plus six free hours of continuing education at both Vision Expo East and West, be sure to join the Young Professionals Club (YPC) today. YPC offers its members the option to attend fun events with industry peers and access resources that will give you the advantage to excel in your career.
Here are the YPC Benefits:
- FREE Exhibit Hall Entry to International Vision Expo East and West, a $300 value
- Six FREE hours of Education at International Vision Expo East and West, a $618 value
- Exclusive member events at Vision Expo East and West and around the country
- Young Professionals Club member discount for Think About Your Eyes Doctor Locator listing.
- Resource lists including over buying groups, consultants, blogs and more
- Discounts with Think About Your Eyes
- Partnership with First Financial Group – Guardian to help you realize your vision and objectives to successfully grow and maintain your business; and protect you and your family’s current lifestyle, wealth and financial security.
- Eyecessorize Spring and Fall fashion kits sharing the latest in eyewear trends, advances in technology and advice from eyewear experts.
- Subscriptions to Allergan OPTOMETRY JUMPSTART®, New Dispenser, NewGradOptometry.com, New OD magazine, and Vision Voice
- Social networking
For new graduate optometrists, you can’t underestimate the savings of joining the Young Professionals Club. Let’s do some quick math:
- 1 hour of CE = ~ $51.50 (this # is derived by considering average industry prices for CE per hour)
- 50 hours of CE required per 2 years = $2,575
- 6 hours of free CE at Vision Expo East Value= $264
- 6 hours of free CE at Vision Expo West Value= $264
- Total Value of CE Thanks to Young Professionals Club Per Year = $618
- Total Value of CE Thanks to Young Professions Club over five years = $3,090