Google Hangout On February 1st 2016, at 8:30pm EST / 5:30 PST
Time for another Google Hangout Live Stream and this time it’s going to be with the one and only, Dr. Justin Bazan and Smart Vision Labs!
Dr. Bazan is a good friend of mine, and we’ve remained close since we first met back in 2010 at SUNY College of Optometry. Dr. Bazan is the owner of Park Slope Eye in Brooklyn, NY and is one of the most revolutionary optometrists, constantly challenging the status quo and advancing the ways that patients experience eye care. From customer service and technology to practice growth, Dr. Bazan has worked tirelessly to create a unique experience for his patients and staff.
I am really excited to have him on our Google Hangout Live Stream this week.
This Google Hangout is generously sponsored by Smart Vision Labs, a truly inspirational startup company, responsible for reinventing the autorefractor. Their product is the SVOne, a smartphone-based autorefractor that’s precise, ultraportable, and powerful. The company is doing incredible things and we jumped at the opportunity to get them involved on this webinar.
I’ve personally used the SVOne and man, it is accurate! I really recommend it to any optometrist, especially for those difficult pediatric patients! Dr. Bazan owns an SVOne and he is truly in love with the device as well.
The message I wish every new graduate can take home is that you should voice your opinion on the type of equipment you want your practice to carry. I’ve worked at 3 different practices and had a say in which instrumentation that was purchased. So if you think a particular piece of equipment is important to you don’t hold back and let your employer know!
Here is the agenda for the Google Hangout Live Stream
- Dr. Bazan, when did you open your practice and how did you go about doing it?
- What made your practice unique and stand out in your community and in optometry in general?
- What does it really cost to open a practice? What are the things you need to buy and account for? What equipment is essential when opening a practice?
- Can you buy those things on credit? finance? loan? What is the real deal?
- Where are you at now? Tell us about being on the road.
- Do you do fill in opportunities being on the road?
- Tell us about how you decided to do fill in work versus being at your practice in Brooklyn, NY.
- How do you go about delivering a high level of care in that type of setting?
- How does one truly open a business?
- What are the steps needed?
- How do you actually generate the money to get started?
- How to approach the passive income side of a practice and eye care in general?
- What is your overall “attitude” towards employment and long term career goals?
- Marc, tell us about the startup journey with Smart Vision Labs.
- How did you get to where you are today?
- Tell us some detailed technology about the SVOne and other studies that have recently come out.
- How can new graduate ODs benefit from using the SVOne?
Google Hangout Important Links
Watch The Hangout