We hosted a YouTube Live with Pete Hanlin of Essilor on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 to talk harmful blue light. 🎥
- What is harmful blue light?
- Is all blue light bad?
- Should we be educating patients about blue light filtering lenses?
- Is there science to support claims that blue light can potentially cause damage to the eyes?
- Who can benefit the most from blue light filtering lenses?
- The number one source of blue light is actually the sun – not all of our digital devices!
- What specific wavelengths of blue light have been shown to affect the body and the eye.
- Why patients who have undergone cataract surgery can benefit from blue light filtering lenses.
- What yellow tinted lenses do and why pilots wear them.
Finally – we talked about solutions including:
- Blue light filtering lens solutions on the market by Essilor.
- What the number one blue filtering lens in Essilor’s portfolio is.
- Can you combine various products (anti-glare coatings and other lenses) to create additive effects.
- How to best talk to patients and answer questions about harmful blue light based on the information and results of studies we have right now.